| This weeks Impulse sharing List|
Last Updated Aug 23 2018_projected impulse sharing
A WORK IN PROGRESS
The Items listed below will most likely be available for Impulse sharing this week.
Limited supplies left
(O.S.) out of stock
How Do I Benefit from joining
Proud Grocer's Buying Club?
- You get to purchase high quality natural and organic foods and products
- You save money because the buying club buys directly from farms and organizations that specialize organic and healthy products.
- You save money because you are joining other members to buy products in bulk.
- You become part of a system that purchases enough food for the club so there is no food thrown out at the end of the week.
- You can participate in providing food for our local food pantry.
- You get to shop with other people with a similar passion for organic sources and healthy food choices.
- You get to support organic farmers on the East End.
- You get to purchase your food from a local business who cares about the East End community.
- You get to learn more about natural food, healthy nutrition, and cooking
What is the purpose of a Buying Club?
- Coordinate our food buying so as to be able to get the best food at the best prices
- Create a community of people with shared values
- Experience the pleasures and challenges of working together
- Participate in the world-wide buying club movement
- Promote organic agriculture and environmentally responsible technology and products by informed buying
- Educate others in our community about, organic agriculture, environmentally responsible consumerism, educate ourselves by sharing our skills and knowledge with each other
- Strengthen our sense of community by organizing other activities such as potluck dinners, parties, community service projects
Are there fees for being a member of the buying club?
What are the fees?
- Yes, all members pay the same fees depending on what they are purchasing.
- For products purchased through UNFI (United Natural Foods Incorporated), which is the largest food buying distributor in the country, you do pay a flat Fee $6.35 fee. This would include products such as dry goods, beans, frozen items shampoo, laundry detergent, vitamins, etc.
- For produce
- All members are charged an administration fee of 2 1/2 percent on all produce orders.
Can I pay for my food with a credit card
- Yes, however, there is a charge for use of the card, which is 3 percent of the total.
When can I pick up my food?
- Ordering deadline for all food is Monday at noon. Any orders afternoon cannot be guaranteed.
- Food is usually ready for pickup on Tuesday. You will receive a text of call when it is ready.
What if I can't pick up my food on Tuesday?
- Howard would be happy to make an arrangement to meet your schedule.
Where do I pick up my food?
- All food is picked up at 8 Stratton Square, East Hampton, NY. Please park in the driveway. The pick up area is in the building at the back of the driveway on the left.